If your App uses Newsstand you will need to set up your account and application with a push notification provider as an absolute minimum. Having done so you are also able to send your own push notifications. You can do this from Appboy following the instructions below.
- Choose 'Campaigns' from the left menu on the Appboy Dashboard
- Select 'Push Notification' and hit 'Create campaign' (For subsequent campaigns, hit 'Create campaign' and select Push notifications from the dropdown)
- Add a campaign name eg "Latest news Dec 2014" and Choose Push Platform: iOS push or Android push
- Write push message eg "Check out December's latest news" and hit 'Schedule'
- Choose ASAP or schedule your push notification and hit 'Conversions'
- Choose a user conversion event to track eg 'Opens App' and hit 'Target Users'. Note that you will not be able to change the Event type once the Campaign is created
- Select a segment to target your campaign eg 'All iOS' and hit 'Confirm'
- Review your campaign summary and hit 'Launch Campaign'
Once your campaign has launched you will be able to view the stats of your campaign via the 'Campaigns' page in the Appboy Dashboard