Export works differently for App Studio issues than it does for other formats. Rather than creating a single local exported issue file on your hard disk, you upload the exported articles that make up an issue to the App Studio Publishing Portal. Once an article has been uploaded to the server, you can preview it on the App Studio Publishing Portal and in your copy of App Studio Issue Previewer. Once the content is final, you can serve it to your customers directly from the App Studio Publishing Portal.
Before you can export and upload an App Studio article, you must have an account on the App Studio Publishing Portal. For more information, see " Understanding the App Studio Publishing Portal " and " Creating an App Studio issue ."
- Display the App Studio Publishing palette ( Window menu).
App Studio Publishing palette - login version
- If you use a proxy server, choose Proxy Settings from the palette menu. The Proxy Settings dialog box displays.
- To automatically detect the network's proxy server, check Auto Detect Proxy Settings For This Network . If you uncheck this box, you must enter the proxy server's host address and port number manually.
- Enter the user name and password for the proxy server.
- Click OK .
- If you do not yet have a free App Studio Publishing Portal account, click Sign Up and create one.
- Enter your user name and password, and then click Log In. The App Studio Publishing palette changes to the upload interface.
App Studio Publishing palette - upload version
- Choose your organization from the Organization drop-down menu.
- Choose your publication from the Publication drop-down menu.
- Choose the target issue from the Issue drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the article in the Article Title field. This name will display in the app's thumbnail table of contents.
- To upload the article, click Upload .
- To view the uploaded article in your default Web browser, click View Online . The article's issue displays in your default Web browser.
- To make the issue that the article is part of available in the test environment so that you can preview it, click Test in the App Studio Publishing Portal.