Slideshows support both picture files and pages from QuarkXPress layouts. To add a slideshow to an App Studio issue:
- Select the picture box you want to contain the slideshow.
- In the HTML5 palette, click Slideshow .
- Optionally, enter a name for the slideshow in the Name field. This name displays in the Interactive Objects area in the bottom of the palette.
- If you want the slidehow to be initially invisible, check Initially Hidden .
- To allow the user to interact with the slideshow, check Allow Interaction .
- To allow the user to switch the slideshow to full-screen mode and back by double-tapping it, check Allow Fullscreen .
- To display slides uncropped when the slideshow is in fullscreeen mode, check Show Uncropped in Fullscreen . If this box is not checked, the slides use their picture-box crop in fullscreen mode.
- To make the slideshow start playing immediately when the user displays the page, check Auto Play . If this box is unchecked, the user must manually change the slides with finger swipes or with buttons.
- Slide Duration : Lets you control how long each slide is on the screen.
- Transition : Lets you control the transition between slides.
- Speed : Lets you specify how long each transition lasts.
- To make the slide pan and/or zoom at the beginning of its display, check Animate Pan and Zoom .
- Duration : Lets you control how long the pan/zoom lasts. At the end of this duration, the slide stops and stays in its final position until the next slide is displayed.
- Start and Stop : These buttons allow you to set the beginning and ending crop of each image. Click Start and scale/position the picture for the initial position, then click Stop and scale/position the image for the final position.
- To add a slide, click at the bottom of the slide list and choose one of these options:a
- Add Slides from Picture Files : Lets you add picture files to the slideshow. You can use picture files in PNG, JPEG, TIFF, PDF, and EPS formats. You can use the Shift or Command/Ctrl key to select multiple files.
- Add Slides from QuarkXPress Layout : Displays the Add Slides from Layout dialog box. This dialog box lets you add pages from a QuarkXPress layout to the slideshow. You can create a new layout or choose pages from an existing layout.
Add Slides from Layout dialog box
- To edit a slide, select it and click . If the slide is a picture file, that files opens in the default image editing application. If the slide is a page from a QuarkXPress layout, the layout opens and scrolls to that page.
- To execute an action when the user taps a slide, select it and click . The Tap Actions for Slide dialog box displays.
Tap Actions for Slide dialog box To add an action, click , then choose the action from the Action drop-down menu and configure it the way you want it. (For more information, see " Working with interactivity actions (HTML5) ."
- To set the cropping for a slide, select the slide's icon in the list, then scale and reposition the preview of the slide in the picture box.
- To delete a slide, select the slide's icon in the list and click .
- To finish configuring the slideshow, click a different object or a blank part of the layout.